Sensi thermostat alerts you if it detects something amiss at home
Remote home monitoring and comfort control. These are two big reasons why people choose to purchase a Wi-Fi thermostat. It’s why Sensi™ Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat is designed to give you complete control of your home comfort from across the couch or across the country. And while Sensi thermostat helps to put you in control, we know that sometimes life tries to do the opposite. But don’t worry. Sensi temperature alerts and can give you back some peace of mind.
Why is it important to have a Wi-Fi thermostat with alerts?
- You have family members that are sensitive to temperature fluctuations. (The elderly, young, sick and those with allergies are especially sensitive to extreme changes in temperature and humidity.)
- You have pets or plants that depend on consistent conditions.
- You have large amounts of food in refrigerators, deep-freezers or pantries that you don’t want to go bad.
- You are a property manager, business owner or seller who needs to monitor conditions after hours or in vacant properties.
- You have a vacation home or are going on vacation and don’t want to arrive to your destination or back home to discover potential damage.
- You have valuable electronics, musical instruments, wood furniture or floors that could be damaged from high humidity levels.
To help detect critical conditions that could affect your family, your pets and your property, Sensi sends you an email so you can immediately take steps to fix the problem. Sometimes the cause for a temperature alert might be as simple as a door or window being left open. A customer once received a Loss of Cooling alert and discovered the cause was her son’s errant baseball breaking the window. A tripped power breaker, a blocked air vent, improper wiring or HVAC system issues could also trigger alerts.
Sensi thermostat alerts
The High Humidity Alert is sent when the humidity level inside your home is greater than 78%. The cause may be as simple as a door or window that has been left open. If that is not the cause, check to make sure your Sensi thermostat is set to cooling mode.
Loss of Heating or Cooling Alerts
These alerts are good early warning signs that your cooling or heating system is not working effectively to achieve your thermostat’s temperature setting. A Loss of Heating Alert indicates that your home’s temperature has dropped 5°F during a call for heating. The Loss of Cooling Alert is triggered when the temperature has risen 5°F during a call for cooling.
Low or High Home Temperature Alerts
These alert indicate that your home is not being cooled or heated. The Low Home Temperature Alert is triggered when your home temperature is less than 45°F/7°C. The High Home Temperature Alert indicates conditions have exceeded 99°F/37°C.
You don’t need to do anything to enable Sensi alerts. They happen automatically and will be be sent to the email registered to the account. If the condition that triggers an alert still exists after a week, a second message will be sent. While the High and Low temperatures, as well as Humidity alerts are not adjustable, the Loss of Heating or Loss of Cooling alerts are based on your Sensi temperature setting.
Sensi thermostat alerts help you to be aware of conditions in your home to minimize risk and maximize comfort. Because…life.